How to configure CD/DVD Buttons on Toshiba A70
This How-To explains what to do if you wish to change the default behavior of your Toshiba A70's CD/DVD buttons. This probably works for any laptop that uses the EzButton software from Dritek System.
By default, this software allows you to change only the Programmable Button, but you can add the other buttons in the registry and then you'll be able to change their behavior as well.
- Open the Registry Editor and locate the key:
- Create new keys for all the buttons you want to change. For example:
- Next Track
- Previous Track
- Inside each of these keys, create the following STRING keys:
- Key: Command, value: <your command here>
- Key: Command Type, value: 1
- Key: Configable (not my typo, really), value: 1
- Key: Description, value: <button description>
- Key: Label, value: <button description>
- Key: Remote Code, value: <button code, see below>
- Each button got a code. You can find these codes in the EzButton.CFG file. In my A70 they are:
- Play/Pause: 0604
- Stop: 0602
- Previous Track: 0611
- Next Track: 0610
- Now restart the EzButton configuration tool and use it to change anything you'd like.
Using all this with Winamp 2
Winamp 2 has poor support for command line control, but you can get a plugin/tool from http://classic.winamp.com to help you with that, such as WinampConsoleControl.
If you choose to use WCC, the Command value for the Play/Pause button would look like this:
"C:\Program Files\WinampConsoleControl\WCC.exe" playpause
And here's a snapshot of my regedit with this setting:
Good luck! : )
⇐ back to "Computer Work"
⇐ back to start