Gavea Rock Pictures
- A Belvedere Before the Climbing
- That's me in front of a natural belvedere. I think that the mountain
in front of me is called Emperor's Table, but I better check that out : )
You can notice that the picture is corrupted in the bottom, but I think
you're not missing much because of that.
- The Rock's Head
- People say it looks like a face... With some imagination I suppose it
can be considered that *grins* Judge by yourself.
- Looking Down to Barra da Tijuca
- That picture is from the first time I went there and the visibility
wasn't a wonder, but it looks nice tho. You can see most of Barra da
Tijuca there and a bit of Barrinha and Itanhanga'.
- The Climb, Carrasqueira
- That's my friend, Matusa, going first. Despiting the illusionary
effect that the picture gives, making it look just like an horizontal
plane, it has nearly 80 degrees.
- At the Top, Facing São Conrado
- You can also see Rodrigo de Freitas Lagoon and Rocinha.
- Same Place, Facing Upwards
- Despite the lack of visibility, Corcovado, Botafogo, Guanabara Bay
- The Climb, from Upwards
- From another day, when the visibility was splendid and some of the
people that were with me choosed to use safety equipment to pass through
- The Climb, in the Middle
- That's me in the middle of the climb. You can see a tiny bit of
Barra da Tijuca in the background.
- Facing São Conrado
- Another picture at the top, but with a great visibility. You can
easily see São Conrado, Rocinha, Gávea, Rodrigo de Freitas
Lagoon, Ipanema, Copacabana, Humaitá, Botafogo, the Sugar Loaf and
- Barra da Tijuca and Neighborhood
- Another picture of Barra da Tijuca, but with an astonishing visibility
allowing you to see all the beach's extension, Marapendi Lagoon and
- Me in the Trail After the Climb
- That trail is somewhat dangerous. The grass cover holes that you may
step badly and just faaaaall and faaaaaall... But if you're paying
attention, it won't happen.
- A Smaller Climb in the Other Side of The Mountain
- Gavea Rock has a couple of trails that let you go to the top. They
all get together a bit before Carrasqueira. In that day, we tried the
trail from the other side of the mountain. We liked it much more : )
It's mainly made of climbings like the one you see in this picture.